Friday, January 8, 2010

The Beginning

I wasn't sure where to start, so I figured I would start at the beginning...so, here is the beginning of my story (I'll try to make it brief).

I don't know how old I was but I remember sitting in front of the TV watching Entertainment Tonight as the reporters stood out in the freezing cold speaking about rarely heard of, yet obviously brilliant films and big actors. I remember listening to Robert Redford speaking and it seemed to me that everyone was hanging on his every word. That's when I turned around and told my mom that one day I would be there.

Its been years and I can honestly say, for all the times I swore I would get there I never, ever thought that I would be going. It's far, it's expensive, no one to go with and my major complaint? It's too FREAKIN' COLD! I live in Canada, if I go away in the winter it's gonna be somewhere WARM!!

Well the Sundance talk began again when Kristen Stewart's new film "Welcome to the Riley's" (which was supposed to premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, but didn't) was speculated to premiere at Sundance. We joked and teased that we were going to go, but I was never very serious for all the aforementioned reasons.

But as talk and rumour became more substantiated, we knew we had to Go...especially when we found out that "The Runaways was going to be there as well! There simply was no choice, it was a must.

We signed up on the Sundance website but opted out of the packages in favour of Individual tickets, we know now that it was a mistake.

We got our time slot to buy our tickets January 12, 2010 11am (each of us four all got different ones and we picked the best time). We also realize that unless we had gotten Day one of the sale as package holders we would not have been able to get tickets again...

So Here's Where we sit 2 weeks before the festival...
Laura V Has her Plane ticket and the hotel booked
Laura A has her plane ticket and the car rental booked
Dani just got back from visiting family so she's slacking and doesn't have anything booked YET!
And I have my plane ticket booked.

Things are starting to come together and with every passing day I get more and more excited!

A little backstory on how the four of us met...We were all IMDB girls. We are all met on Kristen's message boards and somehow someone started a Chatzy chat and invited a certain few. I was lucky enough to be one of those lucky few. We all grew very close and I still talk to most of them every single day. They are some of my greatest friends and I count myself lucky to know them. I am sad that not all of the girls, or Kbitches as we have been dubbed, will be able to attend, but I PROMISE to keep them all updated as much as humanly possible!

So...On Friday January 22 the four of us meet (although I've met Laura V before, we went to TIFF and met Xavier Samuel together! Sigh, so cute, so hot, so incredibly nice and sweet and humble - he thanked US for asking for a picture with him! How awesome is that!?)

We set out with no tickets, only hopes and dreams and sending out good vibes and thoughts and prayers that we will get to see "Welcome to the Riley's". We will get to see "The Runaways". We will get to meet Giovanni. And maybe the ultimate goal? We will get to see Kristen Stewart, even for a split second. That's the idea, and we're going to do whatever we have to do to make as many of these things come true.

Thanks for reading and please do message me with any questions, comments or suggestions. I'll do my best to answer any and all to the best of my ability!

3 comments:

  1. Man I'm so jealous! Good luck! Can't wait to hear about it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Dayna. Ily. ♥ Here´s hoping we´re lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goood luck guys, Hope you get to meet the cast and all that. And if you can ask for a pics so we can dream about next year.

    ReplyDelete